Training & Credentials
Develop consensus regarding necessary standard for training and credentialing.
- Collect and disseminate information regarding best practices in therapist training and make recommendations regarding their application for EMDR therapy.
- Determine what is needed to evaluate the knowledge, skills, and competencies needed for EMDR therapists to achieve successful outcomes.
- Evaluate if current standards and training are consistent with evidence-based knowledge about EMDR therapy.
- Encourage EMDR training in universities.
- Develop and recommend objective universal criteria that can be used to create the groundwork for global standards that can be incorporated into EMDR training and certification programs.
- Work on developing universal, global quality standards for training and competency.
- Share information with the Research Working Group regarding any identified evidence gaps.
- Articulate different ideas/plans/concepts for the development of EMDR training over the next decade (or more).